Thursday, September 14, 2006

I turned legal yesterday..
That's right, I am no longer seventeen. Yesterday was my 18th birthday. In other words, I am now legal. I had a lot fun yesterday. Kris, Char, and I pigged out on Yellow Cab pizza, hot wings, and meatball spaghetti. Trix and I watched Calalily's U-break performance (may i just say that Kean is HOT..haha). I had kare-kare for dinner. My roommates surprised me with a triple chocolate roll. All in all, it was a pretty good birthday.
Although I still can't believe that, despite my lack of emotional maturity, I am now considered as and adult. A young one, but still. I no longer need to get a travel permit whenever I leave the country; I can go the Austrian embassy without a legal guardian now; I can get married if I want to (not that I plan on doing this anytime soon. I 'm just astounded by the fact that I CAN); I can drink legally (not that I do this often); I can watch R-18 movies (just in case they're required for class or whatever); I can go to jail for crimes against the nation (WTF?!?!); blahblahblah. What I'm really trying to say is that I'll miss being a child. People tend to expect less from young children and I will miss this kind of freedom. Now that I'm eighteen, I am fairly certain that those around me would want me to act like a grown up now. I'd hate to disappoint them but I think I won't be able to do it. Act all mature, I mean. Not now anyways. Someday, for sure. But not anytime soon. I have every intention of enjoying what's left of my teenage years.