Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Randomnation PART II.

I'm at the library's computer nook. I'm supposed to be working on my final paper for RELSTRI which tackles the moral implications of suicide and whether or not it is morally justifiable to take one's own life. Well, it will once I get around to writing it anyways. I just don't feel like starting it yet. My creative juices are very picky and generally choose to flow only when the deadline is really, really close. This paper is due tomorrow at noon. I'll probably start writing it tonight. That's another thing about me: I find it hard to study or get any work done while the sun is still up. I am easily distracted during daylight.

=====

I just got back at the dorm today. I still have more packing to do. My dorm has this very weird policy about putting all your stuff in storage during vacation months (I should probably do away with the S because LaSallians only get a month of summer vacation).

=====

I have been thinking a lot about law schools lately. I am seriously considering taking up law after I earn my undergraduate degree but it's not an easy decision to make because it means that I will have to study for another four years when I could be working instead. But it's good to start looking at my options if ever I fully decide to become a lawyer. My first choice is the UP Law school. I should get decent grades to get in there, of course. Plus I hvae to do well on the entrance exams. Around 5,000 people take the entrance exam for UP's Law School every year but only 500 get admitted. My second choice is the Ateneo Law School. Steeper tution but good results nonetheless. The third is San Beda. I am also considering the University of the Cordilleras in Baguio City. They've managed to produce two bar topnotchers in the past nine years. I realize, of, course, that topping the bar exam should be hugely credited to the individual who did it but the school, of course, plays a big role because, duh, that's where they all learned it from. We'll see. I have two more years to decide.

=====

I spent the weekend in Sagada with some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. It's in the Mountain Province, just in case you didn't know. It is a very beautiful place. I looks a lot like Baguio, actually. Only less industrialized so it's not as polluted. It's a very long drive. It's eight hours away from San Jose City, Nueve Ecija (where I grew up). So it's about twelve hours aways from Manila. You also have to drive through 39 kilometers of VERY rough road to get there. Just imagine the torture that your hiney will have to endure. But the trip is well worth it. Sagada is a breath of fresh air (both literally and figuratively) to a girl like me who has inhaled nothing but disgusting air since she moved to Manila around two years ago. If you're looking for solitude, Sagada is definitely the place to go. (More about this trip next time.)

=====

I have to enlarge two more photos for my final FOTOCAM portfolio. I'll do it tomorrow.

=====

I got my EAF today. Next term's tuition isn't as expensive as this term's. Thank God.

=====

There were two people talking in Spanish here. I guess they're ISE majors like myself since we get to pick either French or Spanish for our foreign language. I can't wait to take ELEMFRE next, next term.

=====

I'm an incoming junior. My goodness, I'm getting old.

=====

I'm sleepy. Again. I wonder if I'm narcoleptic of something. Hmm.

=====

Did you know that one person commits suicide every 17 minutes.

=====

I guess I really must be losing weight. My aunts commented on it when I went home. Some of my high school buddies mentioned it. Jose and Trixia noticed it at school today. To which I can only say one thing: YESSSSS!

=====

That's all for now.

No comments: