Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Counting Down...

September 12.

I'll be nineteen in a few hours.

Darn.

I don't think my 18th year was wasted, though.

I had a lot of fun.

I made mistakes.

I learned.

I've done a bit of growing up thanks to all the tough sh*t that I had to go through.

I've been a total wreck but I've managed to pull myself together just in time.

It's been one heck of a roller coaster ride.

But, to use a hackneyed phrase, "I've only just begun".

I am barely skimming the surface of harsh reality of life.

At least I'm getting plenty of practice for when I have to face even tougher sh*t in the future.
I'm not complaining.


Why should I?

Despite everything, I am very blessed: great family, awesome friends, good school, and so on.

I have plenty to be thankful for.

God is good to me and that's all there is to it.

I hope my 19th year in this world is as interesting as the last one.

No comments: