Monday, September 24, 2007

I survived September 23..

Today is my maternal grandmother's 70th birthday. We celebrated it yesterday. The whole family threw her a party at the KC Hall in San Jose City, NE. She had around three hundred guests. My lola is fairly well known in our province because she's very active in community service stuff.I was supposed to give a speech yesterday but the program got messed up no thanks to some people who came two hours late (!!!) so we just did away with my speech. Here's what I would have said:

"I lived with my lola for six years before I moved to Manila and if there's one thing that I could say about her, it is that she possesses a very generous spirit. She is one of the most selfless people that I know. Whatever she has, she shares with the people around her. This is the trait that I admire most about her. If not for her generosity, me and my family wouldn't be where we are today. She has helped so many people and touched so many lives that it is no wonder that all the blessings that she has shared are coming back to her. Mommy, God knows the desires of your heart and whatever these are, I hope that Hefulfills them. May you have more birthdays to come and may you continue to be a blessing to others. Love you, Mommy! Happy Birthday."
Too bad I didn't get to say it. Try to be punctual next time, people! When we say 3:30, we don't mean 5:30!

= = = = =

Belated kwento:

My 5 aunts from my mom's side, my lola's sister, my cousin, his girlfriend, and I went to Cebu and Bohol lat September 15. We stayed in Bohol for 2 nights andwe spent 1 night in Cebu. We went back to Manila on September 18 (yeah, I know, I skipped school). That was my first time in the Visayas. Bohol is one of the best places that I've been to so far.It's so clean and peaceful. We went to eat at a floating restaurant in Loboc river, we went to see the chocolate hills,we saw a man-made forest, my companions went to the the biggest python in captivity (I'm ophidiophobic so I just stayed at the souvenir shop), and, of course, a trip to Bohol would not be complete without seeing Tarsiers (so cute!). My aunts rented a beach front bungalow in Panglao so the first thing that I saw when I woke up in the morning was a white sand beach. It was awesome. On our second day in Bohol, my aunts and I took a 1 hour boat ride to the island next to ours, Balicasag. It was a terrifying trip because it was quite windy and rainy so the waves were pretty big but we made it alive so I'm not complaining.Balicasag has a marine life sanctuary so we went snorkeling. Guess what, I found Nemo! There were fishes of every imaginable color and varying sizes. I evensaw a blue starfish. It was one of the coolest things that I've ever seen in my life. After lunch, we set out to return to Panglao. But we made a quick stopat a sand bar in the middle of the sea. I know, I've this a lot in this entry but let me say it again, it was so cool. The next day, we went to Cebu where we went to see Magellan's cross, went to a dried mango factory, went to the dried fish market, and so on. I could go on an on and on about thisvacation so I'll just shut up about it now. There are photos on my multiply site if you wanna see them: kitekat.multiply.com.

= = = = =

It was September 23 yesterday. Grr. Rawr. And AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

At least I didn't spontaneously combust like I thought I would.

Great.

No comments: