Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Twilight

It was love at first sight with this book. I went to the Powerbooks store in MOA to buy a gift for a friend. I was browsing through the Young Adult section when the cover of one particular book caught my eye: a vividly red apple resting on some of the palest hands that I ever laid eyes on. It's called Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I just had to pick it up. I read the blurb at the back and it made me really want to read the book. It's about a girl who falls head over heels in love with an impossibly gorgeous vampire who is after her blood. I just HAD to read it. But I had to let go of the book because I only brought enough money to buy my present. The really weird thing about me is that I get what I'd like to call "book cravings". I simply would not rest until I read the book that I'm craving for, so to speak. So I returned to MOA the next day and bought Twilight. I finished it in 2 days. It is one of the most compelling books that I have ever read. It is now my favorite love story. Next to A Walk to Remember, of course. I love books. I really, really like to read so I've read quite a lot of books but very few of them have had this kind of effect on me. I really, really recommend that you read it. You won't regret it, I promise! Next agenda, hunt for a copy of the sequel, New Moon (After all my final exams, that is). If you happen to spot a copy anywhere, please tell me.

No comments: