Sunday, July 22, 2007

The End of an Epic Tale..

“We now present the seventh and final installment in the epic tale of Harry Potter.”

July 21, 2007.

Harry Potter fans all over the globe would always remember this day.

It was the day when one of the greatest stories ever told came to a close.

After years and years of waiting, it finally came out.

We’re all going to find out how Harry’s story ends.

I was one of the many who got up extra early because the National Bookstore in which I reserved my copy about a month ago would open at 7 am just to accommodate those who want to claim their copies of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows as soon as possible.

The book is not inexpensive. I had to save up for it. I’ve never saved up for anything in my life before. But I did it for this because I’ve been waiting for this book to come out ever since I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone six years ago. I wanted to finish it before anyone could spoil the story for me again (I read book six about two weeks after the release date. Somebody inadvertently let slip that this character would die. It ruined the book’s suspense for me.)

Anyways, it’s all worth it.

I started reading at around 8 am.

I finished it at 1 am.

37 chapters.

759 pages.

17 hours of nonstop reading.

I may have to have my glasses refracted after this.

But I couldn’t help it.

It was like somebody put a Permanent Sticking Charm to fuse my hands to the book.

It’s very exhausting to read through it, though.

Not because it’s long or whatever but because the author has a way of really pulling you into the story and making it seem as if you were there, in the midst of it all.

She posed about a hundred thousand questions at the first few chapters that you’d begin to wonder if the remaining chapters are sufficient for her to answer each and every one of them.

Well, you’ll just have to see for yourself.

If you haven’t read Harry Potter yet, I strongly suggest that you do. You’re seriously missing out on something, I tell you. Start from the first book. I know the page numbers get intimidating as the series progresses but I assure you that, after you read one, you’ll be asking for more pages.

It’s awesome.

It really is.

God bless J.K Rowling.

The woman is a genius.

No comments: