Thursday, July 13, 2006

Bittersweet Paradox..
Why bittersweet?
Because that's what my life is like.
Why paradox?
Ever since I read my crush's valedictory speech, the word paradox has stuck to my mind like a burr under a horse's tail. It's just a fancier word for contradiction and absurdity. I like it because it sounds good.
So how are they connected to each other?
They're not. I just like the way bittersweet paradox rolls off my tongue.
No classes today.

CLASSES ARE SUSPENDED. Those are the three little words that caused a tremendous kerfuffle at the Gen Ed. building yesterday. I was in our LITERA2 classroom when Mang Jack (I'm willing to bet) came on the loudspeaker and said the words that any college student would be ecstatic to hear.

CLASSES ARE SUSPENDED TOMORROW. I want to believe this. Someone please tell me that it's true.

Here's hoping that, for the first time in my life, I would be able to maintain a blog.

No comments: